Superfast fibreoptic internet is built by farmer’s wife Christine Conder for 2,300 members, rural community Lancashire as a revolutionary internet pioneer. Her DIY solution solved neighbour’s internet connectivity problems in 2009 evolved into B4RN internet service provider of a faster gigabit per second broadband speed to parishes in picturesque Lune Valley. Is 35 times faster than 28.9 Mbps UK speed internet connection according to Ofcom. Began when trees separating Chris’ neighbouring farm from nearest wireless mast only internet connection provided by Lancaster University grew too tall. Something more robust was required and no alternatives available Chris decided to take matters into her own hands. She purchased a kilometre of fibre-optic cable and commandeered her farm tractor to dig a trench. After lighting the cable, the two farms were connected, with hers feeding the one behind the trees. “We dug it ourselves and we lit the cable ourselves and we proved that ordinary people could do it she says. It was not rocket science just 3 days of hard work. Her motto she often repeats in conversation, is JFDI. Three of those letters stand for Just Do It. The fourth is work out for yourself.Fibre optic cable cattle grid. And JFDI she has. B4RN now claims to have laid 2,000 miles 3,218km of cable connected to string of local parishes to its network. It won’t connect a single household, so the entire parish has to be on board before begins to build. Each household pays £30 per month, £150 connection fee, larger businesses pay more. And households must do some installation themselves. The entire infrastructure is fibre-optic cable right to the property than just to cabinet with existing copper phone lines running to home generally offered by British Telecom. The service is so popular the company has work lined up for next 10 years and people from as far as Sierra Leone attended the open days held couple of times a year. The bulk of work is done by volunteers although there are now 15 paid staff on board. Farmers give access to their land and those with equipment like diggers and tractors do the heavy work. Other landowners can charge B4RN complain on Facebook page about price of cabling under a disused railway bridge owned by Highways England. A spokesperson told BBC standard industry cost include a £4,500 fee for surveying, legal fees and price per metre for cable installation. So B4RN has yet to make profit once it pays back shareholders it should be in good financial health although on condition profits ploughed back into community. Chris’ services to rural broadband have recognised by the Queen was awarded an MBE in 2015, alongside Barry Forde, a retired university lecturer who now leads the co-operative.Newborn cattle registered online within 5days in UK. Incredibly B4RN customers had been surviving on dial-up services or paying high fees for satellite feeds. So Chris says some still do. As farmers now register online with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) within 5 days of every calf being born to enter food chain, connectivity is vital. “All the farmers who have not got broadband have to rely on land agents or auction marts or public wi-fi spaces which we haven’t got round here either, or paying somebody to do it,” says Chris. Farmers finding dial-up just could not cope with it. They bought satellites, but children use all satellite feed for things and when they came to use it at night there was no feed left, gone over data and they were being charged a fortune for what they then used. “So the farmers have been incredibly supportive of this and that is why they have given us free rein throughout the fields, which we go through to connect them and then we get to the villages which subsidise the farmers’ connections. “You could not do it for farmers alone, but you could not get to the village without farmers so it is win win.Independent fibre broadband providers like Gigaclear serve 50,000 customers in several UK counties and Hyperoptic is active in 13 cities. They all claim to offer 1Gbps speeds. “The best way to make sure this country has faster up to date internet is support alternative networks says Chris. “When there is competition BT will then up their game. “We cannot do the whole country. BT, Virgin etc are good businesses, they are in it to make profit, as businesses do.” Openreach, currently a division of BT, owns the UK’s largest broadband infrastructure. Big picture is a plan alongside government to get 95% UK fibre coverage,” said Kim Mears, Openreach’s managing director of Infrastructure Delivery. The provider upgraded 90 small Community Fibre Partnership, set up to work in areas it describes as “hard to reach.” Ms Mears appealed to those struggling with poor connectivity to make contact. A lot to gain if communities come together we are really here to help,” she said.
Jesus taught about using gifts given by God wisely and appropriately as it is important and necessary to ensure Holy Spirit resources are fairly distributed well to meet needs. The spiritual gifts are found in three passages in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, Ephesians 4:11 and Roman’s 12:6-8. What does it mean to use gifts of the Holy Spirit how do we as Christians differentiate between gifts? God’s Words through the Holy Spirit inspires and reveals His Truth to us. In I Corinthians In Romans 12:6-8 gifts of Holy Spirit are given for good use in church verse 7. In I Corinthians 12:8-10, God gives gifts as He sees fit for best use for God’s Glory. Gifts desired can be receive through the Holy Spirit to fulfill desires of our hearts. Yet still fulfill God‘s purpose so these gifts are used to Glorify God to edify the church.
1. The Gift of Spirit Word of Wisdom (8) is seen in King Solomon’s life when he asked God for the gift of wisdom. He was the wisest man in history. In 7 Chronicles 7:5 King Solomon offered sacrifice of 22,000 oxen and 120,000 sheep. Again in 1 King 3:4 King Solomon in Gibeon an important place of worship sacrificed 1,000 burnt offerings on altar. God visited Solomon so asked him to make a request so Solomon asked for wisdom. So to fear God is beginning of wisdom.2) Gift of Word of Knowledge(v 8) This gift of the Spirit of knowledge . Some people have such a gift of remembering scriptures and the gift of knowledge to know to speak particular words given to edify the church. This gift speaks to fulfill true knowledge from God. Gift of knowledge to utter Word of God is inspired by the Holy Spirit. So publicly speaking the Word of God is gift is associated with teachers or pastors in church to teach or preach. God knows future so Sovereign God directs apostles in church commissioned by Risen Christ by Holy Spirit Presence with authority. God designates all true apostles of God because God is the same yesterday, today and forever to speak forth knowledge from God.
3) The Gift of Faith (v 9) This gift helps to see things in faith with amazing supernatural confidence in God beyond natural realities in all situations.
4)The Gift of Healing (v 9) The gift of healing has been a controversial one . Jesus Christ’s name had power and that God was working in the church. I am not saying that people are still not healed today but the days of having someone’s shadow passing over them and they are instantly healed is over. The gift of healing may be in relations to power of prayer to know that the effectual prayer of a righteous man or woman can accomplish miracles in James 5:16.5) The Gift of Working Miracles (10) The gift of “miraculous powers“ is another gift of the Spirit that appears to be unique to the New Testament church .The greatest miracles that occur today are, for the most part, the miracle of salvation. The greatest miracle of Spirit is Word of God is revealing to us Who Jesus Christ in John 6:44, Matt 16:17.
6) The Gift of Speaking Prophecy (v 10) Prophecy in church is the gift of teaching or speaking events for the future. The birth of Jesus, was prophesied thousands of years before He was born Prophecy is still being fulfilled in world events including waiting for Christ return.
7) The Gift of Discernment (10) The gift of “distinguishing between spirits” is having the gift of discernment. It is able to discern scriptures and their application to believers in the church.
8) Divers different kinds of Tongues (v 10) is ability to speak in different tongues. During the outpouring of Holy Spirit on Pentecost, the disciples who speak Galilean now speak in native languages of Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome both Jews and converts to Judaism; Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues.” God still pours out the Holy Spirit to strengthen the church.9) The Gift of Interpretation of Tongues (v 10). This gift is interpretation tongue or a known language as a witness to unbelievers. If speaking in tongues in the church, God absolutely ensures someone interprets message to His people. God’s Divine Nature is also revealed by the Holy Spirit through believers in Jesus Name. This strengthens Christians to do God’s work and live in love, walk by faith, dwell in hope, live in righteousness and holiness, make right judgment, gain knowledge and wisdom of God. Gifts make excellent teachers, deacons, elders, pastors, leaders and the whole church to humble themselves and walk in spirit and in truth of God’s word and power of Holy Spirit. As believers, God’s Divine Nature refines like pure gold and diamonds to remove dross to shine to God’s Glory. Many more Gifts of Holy Spirit are for all members of Christ Church Body in Romans 12:7-8. Additional gifts are serving, teaching, encouragement; giving generously; leadership skills diligently showing mercy cheerfully. Those gifted at teaching, do work of God with unusual forgiveness because of hurts by flock or wrong attitudes of some led. Ephesians 4:11 reveals gifts of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers. Teachers and evangelists are gifted in sharing gospel with the lost, pastors and prophets proclaim gospel. All church members as body of Christ in God in the church are apostles, prophets, teachers, miracles, healing, helping, guidance, tongues. Some leaders operate in all gifts at varying times depending on the assignment required by God.
Paul emphasizes respect and honour for each office department so asks, Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts“ in I Corinthians 12:28-31. Paul says not to seek to discover gifts but utilize them to strengthen Body of Christ. Christ Church members are His bride, His Body living into eternity. Spiritual gifts are usually generally speaking : 1. administrative – knowledge 2. Apostles – Gospel proclaimers, leaders, discerning spiritual truth, mercy, 3. Miracles -evangelism 4. Pastors / shepherds- guidance, support, encouragement, 5. Prophecy – faith, teaching/ ministering 6. Giving- hospitality, serving 7. Healing- teaching, 8. Tongues – interpretation 9. Wisdom – Godly Insight. These offices are not set in concrete so each remains fixed but dynamic flow blending in harmony for God’s work. Paul makes it clear all gifts are necessary for the completeness of the Body of Christ in I Corinthians 12:12-23, “Now if the foot should say, ‘Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,’ it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? God placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. So the ministry gifts of the Holy Spirit are used in harmony and spirit of unity to build Body of Christ.
Guarantee is given when one buys a product to ensure it lasts within the specified season of its life-span. Similarly the Christian believer is guaranteed eternity with God through Christ Jesus. Just like automatic guarantees though it is short-term so the buyer has to pay for extra extended warranty for many years to pro-long the quality of the product. In the same way, the Christian’s life is bought and paid for by Christ at full value of redemption. In Ephesians 4:30, believers are to take care not to grieve the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto day of redemption.”
It is absolutely true Jesus did His part on Calvary Cross to save lives but merely saying prayer of salvation and relaxing is not good enough. The fulfilled terms and conditions attached to Christian salvation requires the believer to agree with God to get the 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The precious blood of Christ shed for us cleanses us from all unrighteousness so seals us unto God forever. However, the onus is on the believer to take extra steps of faith to ensure the believer fully enjoys the long- haul journey of Christianity is fully prepaid for.
To not grieve the Holy Spirit means careful attention is paid to the Bible instructions given by God to obey and be instant in season. earnest devotion to the Holy Spirit. Believers are honour the Holy Spirit in Scriptures He inspires by illuminating the word of God to shine the Glorious Light of Christ upon the living word to help our understanding. In John 16:13 the Holy Spirit guides into all truth as the third person of the Trinity to give us insight logos rhema as found in Scripture. Suddenly verses read for many years now takes on a whole new meaning in relation to a particular situation in our lives to comfort and strengthen us. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life so the Holy Spirit is a Paraclete helper assisting us by opening the eyes of our understanding to get to know God better.
The Spirit reveals all truth to the apostles in verse. 12 and significance of Jesus’ death, resurrection, and exaltation. The Spirit, helps us recall and remember what Jesus said to understand true meaning of Jesus’ accomplishments in John 14:26. This Holy Spirit is responsible for the truths preached and written down in New Testament. We trust Bible authority. written through the Holy Spirit’s revelation and recall of all Jesus said and taught the disciples. The Bible requires careful attention to the word of God for inspiration, knowledge, correction, through the Holy Spirit in 2 Timothy 3:16. From childhood you know the Bible to give wisdom that leads to salvation through faith in Christ. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God profitable for teaching, reproof, correction, training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. In 1 Corinthians 16:13 the believer is to be on guard; stand firm in the faith; of courage and strong. So the the Holy Spirit’s serves and speaks what He hears in John 16:13 to declare what he is given to glorify God through Jesus in verse 16:14.All three persons of the Trinity are fully God, yet the Son Christ Jesus makes known the Father God and the Holy Spirit glorifies the Son. As we focus to exalt Christ to the Glory of God the Father Holy Spirit strengthens us to enter boldly into the presence of God.
Continue to serve God faithfully to be guaranteed the loyalty of God on your behalf throughout life. Loving God enables direct access and personal intimacy with God. Yet believers also have to deal with challenges of life daily since sin entered the world and created confusion and chaos. God helps believers to overcome challenges however some continue until Christ returns to restore perfect peace again on earth like the Garden of Eden. While waiting for God’s plans and purposes to be fulfilled, the believer has to continue to live the life of love, hope and confidence in God. God is able to keep His part of the guaranteed deal of faith through Christ Jesus. No matter what goes on all around the world the believer is to hold to God in faith to pray and trust God for He is faithful who promised.
Whenever a person accepts Christ and prays the prayer of salvation for forgiveness of sins, the whole of heaven rejoices and celebrates. A precious soul rescued from power of darkness is translated into the kingdom of the glorious Light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The greatest miracle is salvation so the believer now belongs to God through the Name of Jesus Christ. The Living God is pleased that people have confidence in Him and trust Him. So the Holy Spirit is sent to remove spiritual blindness and to give understanding of the word of God.
Salvation means Divine Exchange through the blood of Christ from powers of darkness to be free to serve God. However, this opportunity for salvation means standing firm on promises of God and changing lifestyle. God’s way becomes the chosen new way for the believer to follow Christ. Some find it is not easy as they find themselves threatened and rejected for accepting Christ and face opposition. Faith is challenged so requires intense prayer, intercession, support to grow and mature in faith.
Reading the Bible in a text best understood is recommended to learn about God starting from John’s gospel. A study bible is necessary with study guides and commentaries to expand on the meaning of words not clear. Joining a group of similar minded – born again believers are helpful and essential if possible. If not, a private prayer in one’s prayer closet inviting the Holy spirit to lead into all truth will help understand the Bible.
Leading a holy life in righteousness connects a believer to God and give access to draw near through the name and blood of Jesus. It is important to make a decision to reach out to God who loved all so much He sent his only Son Jesus to die and set us free. Whoever believes in Christ will not perish but have everlasting life. We come into the world as individuals so will face God as individuals to give account of own life. Be safe and secure in Christ Jesus no matter the physical material circumstances of life.