God answers prayers according to HIS timing and motive agrees with Word of God. Philippians 4:6-8 don’t be anxious for anything, in everything pray, make petitions, supplication and thanksgiving to present your requests to God in Jesus Name. Supplication means “request or petitions.” Make supplications humbly to present request before God to expect HE will answer you. 7 The PEACE of God passing all understanding, keeps your heart or mind safe in union with Christ Jesus. 8 Finally brethren, what is true or honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; and of virtue and praise, think on these things. Prayer is the most effective way to invite God to work miracles in your life. Favourite prayers offers a spiritual guidance to help steer you on your path as you grow in your faith. Some receive answers before asking God so surprised. Others wait longer than expected or “no not now,” is a good answer for God. But the devil’s strategy is to deceive believer “no” to request represents God’s sign to doubt God’s faithfulness by unanswered prayer. So satan wants believers God to think God shuts HIS ears to their prayer, cries, leaves them to work things out for themselves. A materialist shopping list mindset sees God as delivery service of ordering things is the greatest tragedy in the Church of Jesus Christ today. Few believe in POWER and effectiveness of prayer intended by God. Multitudes of God’s people can be heard complaining, “I pray, but I get no answers. I’ve prayed so long, so hard, without any results. All I want is to see a little evidence of God changing things. Things go on as usual so nothing happens. How long must I wait?” So no longer visit a secret prayer closet because they are convinced their petitions of prayers lost in transition at the throne. Others are convinced only Daniel, David, and Elijah types get their prayers through to God. In all honesty, many saints of God struggle with these thoughts too, If God’s ear is open to my prayer as I pray diligently why is there such little evidence of His answering? Is there one certain prayer you have been praying for such a long time and not yet answered? Even years gone by and still waiting, hoping and wondering? Let us be careful not to charge God, as did Job, with being slothful, unconcerned about our needs and petitions. Job complained “I cry to you and you did not hear me; I stand up, and you regard me not” in Job 30:20. Job’s vision of God’s faithfulness was clouded by present difficulties, so ends up accusing God of forgetting him so God rebuked him soundly for it. It is time Christians take honest look at why some prayers are not answered. We can be charging God with neglect if all along our own behaviour is responsible. Let’s look at six reasons why some prayers are not answered by God.
1. Prayer Not According to God’s Will We are not at liberty to pray at random for whatever selfish minds conceive to ask God to comply. So not permitted to come into HIS PRESENCE and vent our silly notions and mindless ramblings. If God agreed to all our petitions without discretion, He would end up giving His GLORY away. There is a law of prayer to stop the beggarly, self-centered prayers at the same time, making it possible for honest seekers to ask in confidence. So we can pray for whatsoever we will, as long as it is HIS WILL. “Ask anything according to HIS WILL, He hears us in Jesus Name says 1 John 5:14. If disciples do not praying according to God’s WILL they pray with vindictiveness revenge. They petition God, “Command fire to come down from heaven and consume enemies. Elijah called fire to restore the nation to God not his personal vendetta. Jesus answered, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of in Luke 9:54, 55. Job, in sorrow and depressed begged God to take his life away. God’s answer was no to such a prayer contrary to the WILL of God. The Word warns, “Let not your lip hasten to utter a matter before the Lord.” Daniel prayed in a right way by first going to Scriptures to search out the MIND of God. He got clear direction, so sure of God’s will, run to God’s throne with a mighty assurance. “I set my face to the LORD God to seek by prayer the answer to my request in Daniel 9:3. We know so much about what we want but too little about what GOD WANTS.
2. Prayers to Fulfill Secret Inner Lust: selfish ambitions, dreams, illusions. You ask but do not receive because you ask amiss to consume on your lust as James 4:3 says. People pray, fast to take other people’s spouse, takeover business, use mind bending spells to control people to conform to their desires regardless of a consideration, feeling of needs of others manipulated. God answers no prayers that adds to selfish honour or assists in a temptation. God answers not prayer of a person who harbours lust in the heart. All answers are dependent on plucking evil out of the heart, lust, besetting sins. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me” says Psalm 66:18. The test of knowing if a request is based on lust is simple on how delay is handled or denied is a clue. Prayers founded on lust demands hasty answers, if a lusting heart does not get a desire quickly will whimper, cry, swoon, faint, breakout in a spell of murmuring and complaining, and finally accuse God of deafness. And say, we fasted but God sees it not, Isaiah 58:3. The lustful heart cannot see God’s GLORY in HIS denials and delays. Did God not get GLORY by denying Christ’s prayer to save His life, if possible, from death? Shudder to think of where we would be today if God did not deny that request. God, in His justice, is obligated to delay or deny our prayers until they are purged of all selfishness and lust. So if there is a simple reason why most of our prayers are hindered it could it be a result of ongoing flirtation with a lust or besetting sin. Only people with a clean hand and pure heart can set their feet on HIS HOLY hill in repentance. Only a total forsaking of petty sins throws open gates of heaven to unclog HIS Blessings. Instead of yielding, run from counselors to counselors trying to find help to cope with despair, emptiness or restlessness. It is all in vain if sin and lust are not yet plucked out sin is the root of problems. Peace comes when we surrender and forsake all lust and secret sin.
3. Diligence Assists God To Answer us: God is not a kind of rich relative who supports and give us all asked for, while we lift not even a hand to help. If we lift our hands to God in prayer, put them in our pockets without doing HIS works as given talent to do, God will not answer prayer. Why expect prayers to get God to working for us, while we sit idly by, thinking to ourselves, “HE has ALL THE POWER; I have none, so I will simply stand by to let HIM do all the work.” It sounds like good theology but it is not how God will have idle people knocking at HIS door. God won’t allow charity to all those on earth who refuse to do HIS work. Everyone is capable of kindness, smile, support, help to others in Jesus Name. “God commands if any would not help others or work shouldn’t he eat in 2 Thessalonians 3:10. There is nothing unscriptural on adding sweat to toil and for example pray for victory over secret lust lingering in the heart by self-denial. Simply asking God to take miraculously, sin away then sit by hoping it dies on its own is not realistic? No sin is slain in a heart without the cooperation of man’s own hand like a case of Joshua. All night long he lay prostrated, mourning over Israel’s defeat. God set him on his feet saying, “Get up why lie on your face for Israel sinned. Get up, sanctify people…” in Joshua 7:10-13. God has every right to rouse us from our knees and say, “Why sit around lazily, waiting for a miracle? Have I not commanded you to flee from the very appearance of evil? You are to do more than simply pray against lust, you are commanded to run from it. You cannot rest until you have done all that is commanded.” So do not go about all day long giving in to lust and evil desire then run to secret closet at night to pray for miracle deliverance. Then repeat the cycle hoping God does not remember it. Secret sin causes lost ground with God in prayer because unyielded sin sides with the devil. One of God’s names is a “Revealer of Secrets” in Daniel 2:47. HE brings to light hidden secret’s darkness no matter how saintly the one who tries to hide it. The more pains one goes into hide sin, the surer God exposes it. The coast is never clear to secret sin. You set iniquities before you, secret sins in the light of your countenance in Psalm 90:8. God protects HIS own Honour above the reputation of sin in secret. God exposed David’s sin to keep HIS Honour before ungodly men. David, jealous of his own good name and reputation today stands before exposed but confessing sin for God’s Mercy in the Scripture. God does not allow drinks from stolen waters, to attempt to drink at HIS HOLY fountain. Secret sin denied by God’s brings on the flood of despair, doubt, and fear. Do not blame God for not listening to prayers if not listening to HIS call to obedience. Do not blaspheme God accused of neglect if all along culprit seek agreement prayer.
4. Grudges in Heart Against Others: Christ will not deal with anyone with a wrathful and unforgiving spirit. We are commanded to “lay aside malice, envy, evil speaking, as newborn babies, desire pure sincere milk of the Word of God in 1 Peter 2:1, 2. Christ communicates with love no wrangling, jangling, unforgiving heart of a person. God’s law of prayer is clear on this matter, “Lift up pure hands without wrath or doubting in 1 Timothy 2:8. Forgiving all sins committed against us makes it possible for God to forgive and bless us. Jesus instructs us to pray, “Forgive us, as we forgive others.” If the grudge smouldering heart against other people not dealt with God will not look upon answering prayer. It is important to leave offering at altar to make peace before entering God’s Presence. As God takes such things very seriously, angry wrangling disputes among the Christian brothers and sisters grieves HIS HEART. God deals with HIS Children more than all the sins of the ungodly. Don’t wonder why if prayers are hindered to become obsessed with hurt feeling unconcerned about mistreating others. The malignant mistrust in Church circles by jealousies, bitterness, spirit of revenge, all in God’s NAME. Why wonder if God shuts gates of heaven until learnt to love to forgive deep hurts the most. So get rid of Jonah weight off your heartship and the storm will settle in Jesus Name. Anyone or any thing not belonging on your life journey with you must go for your destination.
5. Lack of Faith Expect Nothing Good: He who expects little from prayer will not have much power and authority in prayer. When we question the power of prayer, we lose it. The devil is trying to rob us of hope by making it appear that prayer is no longer effective. So clever is satan is trying to deceive with lies and unnecessary fears. Israel was brought a false news Joseph was killed, it sickened him to despair though a lie. Joseph was alive and prospering, while his father grieved in sorrow believing in the lie. So satan tries to deceive with lies. Unbelief by fear robs believer of joy, confidence, trust in God. God HEARS only believing prayer as a weapon against all the fiery darkness of enemy. So prayer weapons used in great confidence is the defense against satan’s lies. If Gods’ reputation is at stake, patience is proof good enough to expect answer to prayer. The secret closet of prayer is to be ready for God’s answer to answer. God hears even if we see no evidence of answer this is a sure sign the longer prayer delays, the more perfect it comes forth at last. The deeper God’s SILENCE, the louder the ANSWER. Abraham prayed for a child, and God answered many years went by before he held child in his arms? Every faithful prayer is heard the moment it is prayed, but God CHOOSES ANSWER in HIS OWN WAY in HIS OWN TIME. God expects us to rejoice in promises and feast on hope while we wait for fulfillment. He wraps denial in sweet package of love prevent us from falling into discouragement.
6. Trying to Prescribe God An Answer The person we trust we trust, we leave them to do what is right. So it’s all about trust believing God has our best interest at heart to preserve our soul. After the burdened heart prays to the LORD then resign himself to faithfulness, goodness, and wisdom of God. True believers will leave the shaping of the answer to God’s Mercy. Whatever way God CHOOSES to answer the believer welcomes in FAITH trusting God. David prayed diligently for his household, commits by faith all into God’s covenant. “Though my house be not so with God, He made with me a covenant” says 2 Samuel 23:5. All who prescribe to God how, when to answer limit HOLY ONE of Israel. God will not bring an answer to the front door, if not aware HE will come in at back door so trust HIS promises. God is not bound by time or limit of answering. HE FOREVER does exceedingly abundantly more than we ask or think. HE answers health, or grace better than health. HE send LOVE, beyond human ideas so delivers always something greater. HE desires you leave requests in HIS Powerful arms, cast all care upon HIM go in peace and serenity to wait for HIS relief. Have great faith in God, don’t question “IS ALMIGHTY GOD ABLE? Can HE pardon or He heal? Can He work for me too?” Stop the unbelief! Come to HIM “faithful Creator.” Hannah prayed in faith so “rose from her knees, ate, her countenance no more sad. So be encouraged not to listen to fear or doubt to prayer satan whispers in ear that God forgot you, stop with this: “God has not forgotten me, HIS past Blessings shows don’t question HIS faithfulness.” Faith had GOOD memory so remember past benefits. Like David, pray: “In infirmity, remember years of RIGHT Hand of Most High, remember works of the LORD HIS wonders of old in Psalm 77:10,11. Even if God slays you continue to praise HIM. Reject devil’s secret whispers: Answers Long Delayed Not Enjoyed If It Comes so Stop the spiritual mutiny by not trusting God to answer at HIS opportune times. Be sure when answer comes, it will be in a way and time most enjoyed. If what you prayed for, not worth waiting for its not worth asking for. Stop worrying not receiving, learn to Rely on God. It is not groaning or complaining that creates a miracle POWER of God, it is HIS Favour not impatience of God’s people. Unbelief breaks God’s heart if wondering to love Him or leave Him. God wants us to rely on HIS LOVE. Love is the principle HE constantly acts from, HE never swerves even if rebukes with HIS lips, or strikes with HIS hand yet HIS heart burns with LOVE and all HIS thoughts are of PEACE and Goodness. All hypocrisy is distrust, so a soul not relying on God is not true to God by questioning HIS faithfulness, so begins to live by own wits and cares only for self. The backslidden Children of God said, “make us gods we know not what became of Moses in Exodus 32:1. In company of God rely on HIM, if down groan but not grumble for LOVE for God preserves heart groaning not grumbling to contend with God. Do not challenge God consumed by bitterness. Holy Spirit groans for us in unutterable language of heaven prays according to the PERFECT WILL of God. Fleshly grumble proceeds out of disenchanted poison. Grumbling kept entire nation out of Promised Land and keeps multitudes of blessings from the LORD. Groaning in pain alright God forbids grumblings. Ask in Faith, Praise in Hope. Words are pure silver or gold purified seven times in furnace, Psalm 12:6. God will not permit the Covenant breaker to set foot in HIS PRESENCE on HIS HOLY hill unless first repents of sin. HOLY God never breaks WORDS made by HIS NAME on earth as an Everlasting Faithful God. Put faith in God so heart is at peace. In quietness and Confidence is your Strength as says Isaiah 30:15. God promise hold believer venturing with boldness no fear unfloundering. Never, question God, present humbly requests for HIS Help and wait for HIS answer to prayer. God’s delay mean request gains interest in God’s bank of blessings. So be reassured saints, God is Faithful, receive HIS promises and rejoice before seeing conclusions. Trust and obey even if you already received answers. God wants HIS praises before we receive promises with thanks and adoration. Holy Ghost helps prayers to reach Throne of Father God in Spirit. Groanings in soul touches God WHO collects all tears in HIS bottle on altar in heaven. God sees and hears, so not deny Himself answers to prayers. Saints of God not alone with millions of angels watching and waiting to be sent to deliver answers from God. Jesus stops storms of life gives God’s Peace passing all human understandings. So the LORD God answers effectual fervent prayer so don’t shut yourself from HIM. Put away besetting sins of lust and materialistic, vanity so prayers are answered. When Christ returns on the earth, He will find faith in secret closet with Christ and His Word. Time is short as day of the LORD is at hand soon. Watch and pray in Jesus Name. Rapture is more important above all answers of God’s material miracle or blessing from these prayers left behind. Remember salvation is greatest answer to prayer if saved in Christ. Prayer is the most effective way to invite God to work miracles in your life in Jesus Name.
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, HIS only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, crucified died and buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven and seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit and the Holy Church of God in Christ, communion of saints, forgiveness of sins, resurrection of the body to life everlasting Amen.