9 facts about bananas are important among the amazing great top foods to eat to help the body. Bananas maintain good health essential to gain various valuable mineral nutrients to build many parts of body daily :-
1. Hands and Fingers: Bananas grow in a bunch on banana ‘trees.’ The scientific name for banana is musa sapientum, which means “fruit of the wise men.” Bananas don’t actually grow on trees they grow on plants. The banana plant is classified as arborescent tree-like perennial herb considered a berry. The correct name for bunch of bananas is a hand of bananas; a single banana is a finger. Due to modern shipping practices, this tropical yellow berry, the banana is constant available. Nearly all the bananas sold in stores are cloned from one variety, the Cavendish banana plant, originally native to Southeast Asia. Take the time to savour its flavour and texture and tell the next generations about the healthy snack encased in yellow flesh.
3. Energy and Mood Balancing: Research shows potassium packed fruit can assist in learning by making pupils more alert. 200 students at a Twickenham, Middlesex England, school were helped through exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, lunch to boost brain power. Another benefit to bananas high potassium content derives from that mineral’s role as an energy-supplying electrolyte. Since bananas also contain tryptophan, serotonin and norepinephrine, they help prevent depression while encouraging feelings of well-being and relaxation. Vitamin B6 in bananas help protect against sleeplessness, mood swings and irritability. Potassium vital mineral helps normalize heartbeat, sends oxygen to brain and regulates body’s water balance. Reduces stress metabolic rate rise with potassium levels. Rebalances high-potassium banana snack high in B vitamins to calms nerves.
4.Overweight and at work: Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging comfort foods like chocolate and chips. Researchers found 5,000 hospital patients, most obese in high-pressure jobs, ate panic induced craving foods. So, need to control blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady. One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and with help of honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels. Milk soothes and re-hydrates system.
5Vision: Bananas, combined with the African herb orinol, have been used to treat cataracts in Nigeria. They also share with other fruits the ability to prevent macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss in adults. According to a study published in Archives of Ophthalmology in 2004, people who eat 3 servings of fruit per day are statistically unlike to develop the vision-diminishing disease.
6. Better Digestion: Bananas suppress acid in the digestive tract, alleviating heartburn and helping guard against ulcers. Bananas contain pectin soluble fibre, aid in elimination process, helping prevent constipation. High in fibre, bananas in diet help restore normal bowel action to overcome problems without resorting to laxatives. Bananas supply body with abundant of fructooligosaccharide, a prebiotic substance that encourages probiotics friendly bacteria in digestive system. As fructooligosaccharides ferment in digestive tract, enhances body’s ability to absorb calcium. Banana dietary food against intestinal disorders helps because of its soft texture and smoothness. So raw fruit eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It neutralizes over-acidity, reduces irritation, coats lining of stomach.
7. Temperature control: Many cultures see bananas as a “cooling” fruit that can lower both physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature. Bananas help to avoid morning sickness. As they are easily digested, bananas are a perfect food for babies just beginning to move to solid foods.
8. HIV Protection: The Journal of Biological Chemistry in March 2010 published a study revealing healing potential of BanLec, a lectin protein in bananas. Researchers found this protein binds to sugars and also bind to HIV-infected cells, enveloping them and preventing their replication and transmission.8. Blood sugar levels: Banana contains vitamin B6 which regulates blood glucose levels and can affect your mood. High in iron, bananas stimulate production of haemoglobin in the blood so helps in cases of anaemia. Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up. Bananas help people trying to give up smoking. The B6 and B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
9. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan. According to recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. Because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein the body converts into serotonin, to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel better. Bananas are high in B vitamins that can help calm nervous system. Apply inside of banana peel to pimples to naturally dry out skin blemishes. Before reaching for the insect bite cream try rubbing affected area with inside of banana skin. Many find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation. Bananas peels are good and useful to make wonderful fertilizer, particularly for roses.
Dr Helen Pensanti M.D of God’s Pharmacy gives 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!!
- HOT DOGS, BACON, SAUSAGE, HAM, PEPPERONI (HIGH-FAT LUNCH MEATS)• Increase risk of leukemia in children. If eaten when a woman is pregnant, she has double the risk of brain cancer in her unborn child
- ASPARTAME (Found in EQUAL & NUTRASWEET) Produce nitrous urea compounds, High increase risk brain tumour Symptoms: Headaches, Confusion, Depression, Insomnia, Memory Lapses NOTE: WHEN PUT IN HOT LIQUID, ONE OF COMPONENTS IT BREAKS DOWN INTO IS WOOD ALCOHOL! THE COMBINATION OF EATING HOT DOG DRINKING DIET DRINK CREATES ONE MOST POWERFUL CANCER-PRODUCING SUBSTANCES KNOWN TO MAN.
- MARGARINE (HYDROGENATED OILS) Found in peanut butters like Jiff and Skippy.
Buy natural peanut butter. Use real butter, olive oil, canola oil instead.
- SHELLFISH (LOBSTER, SHRIMP, CRAB) According to Dr. Broer, a lobster is an arthropod, a cockroach is an arthropod! Unclean. Scavengers.
- JUNK FOODS LIKE TWINKIES & STORE-BOUGHT CUPCAKES Better to eat a homemade cookie
- CHLORINE IN YOUR WATER SUPPLY Increases heart disease & cancer risk
GET BOTTLED WATER OR USE A FILTER
- HIGH-FAT DAIRY PRODUCTSUse skim or low-fat milk, low-fat cottage cheese, sour cream, etc., whipped butter
- CAFFEINE PRODUCTS
This is a short term “fix” Taps into your adrenals and causes fatigue later. Can increase risk of breast tumors 5 cups of coffee a day increases your risk of heart disease by 50%!
- ALCOHOL PRODUCTS.
Courtesy: Image, credit: